Cold weather calls for a big bowl of chili! When the temperatures dropped and the rain moved in that's exactly what I made this week! Usually, I make a pot of chili on the stove top, but instead I threw everything in the crock pot this time.
Here's how I made it:
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes and onions
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of water
- 1 package of ground turkey meat
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 Tb minced onions
- 1 Tb garlic salt
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 3 Tb of chili seasoning from Carroll Shelby's chili kit
- 1 Tb masa from the chili kit
I threw everything into the crock pot and cooked it on high for 4 hours then turned it to low for 2 more hours.
You can garnish with cheese and Fritos because there's no other way to eat it!!