home baby our home featured advertise services

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Holiday Home {The Mantle}



"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hope that St.Nick soon would be here!"

It only took me a handful of trips to Target to remember the command hooks to hang my stockings and complete the mantle decor. My inspiration this year was based on a black, gold, and green scheme. The mantle was already styled  in black and white so I stuck with the existing decor. I added green balls and the boxwood wreath along with new stockings I scored at Marshalls. 



The green ribbon adds a finishing touch to the gold deer. 




I'm sure you have seen a similar idea on Pinterest.  A few LED stems from Target and faux branches completely transformed this basket. So simple, but high impact! At night the living room is so cozy now with the fireplace and lights from the tree and hearth! This will definitely be the last area to get undecorated after the holidays! 



2 comments: