home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cowhides and Layers



Cowhides aren't just for Texans ya know!! I'm seeing more and more cowhide and especially zebra skin rugs layered in spaces. And just so we're clear, I'm not advocating you go shoot an animal for a lovely living room rug. I'm totally cool with faux skins!


These rugs çan be used just about anywhere in your home. This above bedroom is sophisticated with a few feminine elements and a cowhide thrown in to add a bit of pattern. I'm really liking how it's offset on the shag rug!

You can't go wrong layering over a sisal rug!  It looks more substantial and makes the cowhide the focal point.  



I adore this neutral space! Gray, creams, a touch of greenery, and zebra! Perfection! 

Another great example in a bedroom! How crisp and calm is this room? And, that little dog sticking out is precious! 

Are you on board with this trend? Where would you use an animal skin rug in your home?




4 comments:

  1. I think it definitely adds something to the room, but I don't think I could handle it. All the rooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love cowhides, especially the more tone-on-tone ones, and some metallic ones that I have seen are gorgeous! Looks perfect with the sisal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the white and tan ones. my boyfriend really wants one for our future house so i get to pick it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really liking how it's offset on the shag rug! We can use in bedroom and all the rooms are beautiful. cowhides

    ReplyDelete