home baby our home featured advertise services

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Radiant Orchid


I have to admit when Pantone announced their color of the year, I was less than thrilled! Radiant Orchid is not one of the most commonly used colors in home decor! In fact, I think it is probably one of the least popular colors. 

Even with Pantone's announcement and popularity of the color growing, I have yet to jump on the bandwagon where home decor is concerned! There is purple in my wardrobe, my polish collection, and I even wear purple eye shadow. But, something about outfitting my home in purple reminds me of a throwback to the 80's. Just not digging it yet, except in very small doses! 

Do you see this color fitting into your home? Here are 3 tips on how to incorporate this trend if you're unsure or scared of taking the plunge!


How gorgeous is the Radiant Orchid paired against an all neutral space? I love the oversized art! The pop of color makes it such a statement piece! 

Purple is definitely not meant to be the center of my universe! I would easily tire of the color!

Not sure bold is for me, although the orange pairs quite well with the creams and orchid. 

Have I convinced you yet that this is the new "it" color? If so, which way would you use Radiant Orchid in your space? 





No comments:

Post a Comment