home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, January 9, 2012

Client Dining Room


A friend of mine told me her dining room was in desperate need of some revamping. She has great taste and is full of life, so I wanted her space to reflect that. Currently, the room is a builder's beige and hosts a maple table and chairs. First and foremost the space needed color and accessories to liven it up since she owns the furniture already. Here's what I came up with:


There was also a small hurdle I must mention that led to my design decisions. This space will eventually undergo a swap with the current office that is orange and black and the office will convert to a playroom. The gray paint I chose will work nicely to soften the orange and black decor. The proposed drapes for the dining room will then move to the playroom. It is a kid friendly fabric that's vibrant enough for any play space. The rest of the accessories and art will transfer as well. In needing to keep it casual too, I will create a family gallery wall of frames. 
Now, I just hope she loves this budget friendly, dual purpose design board!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great start. I love those vases from West Elm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with those candle holders, stunning!

    Thank you for stopping by the Crafty Batches, hope you're having a great start to your week! :)

    ~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that chair fabric :) Thanks for stopping by! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete