home baby our home featured advertise services

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Toy Storage

Have you found yourself buried in toys since Christmas? If you have a little one, then you know my pain. I'm overjoyed that Santa and everyone else in our family completely spoiled Baby A, but where do I put it all now besides the middle of the living room floor.
Almost as soon as the wrapping was in the trash, I was plotting a home for said toys. My mind was churning with storage options for everything except the Dora tent. I'm afraid it's acting like a new piece of furniture in the game room. No concealing it! Good 'ol Dora the Explorer. I came up with some options that are stylish and do the trick of hiding the clutter.


1.   2.  3.   4.  

I've got my eye on number 3 for some more storage. The alcove at the top of our stairs opens to the gameroom and needs a new piece. For now, there's an old console table that went to the garage to die. I brought it in and saved it for a while longer. It's alright, but I can't exactly open it up and shove toys inside. Plus, I love the dark grey of the IKEA piece. You can't quite tell in the pic, but it's very deep and can hold a lot of junk! 

Here's some spaces that have amazing storage solutions.












*Linked up here:Under the Moon, Home Sweet HomeThe Gunny Sack, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Craft O Maniac, Embellishing Life, CRAFT, Skip to My Lou, Between Naps on the Porch, The Girl Creative, Mushki Loves, Sugar Bee Crafts, My Uncommon SliceToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Project Queen, Boerman RamblingsSomeday Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, The Sasse Life, Clean and Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Between You and MeSaved by Suzy, House of Hepworths, Shabby Chic Cottage, Miss Mustard SeedThe Shabby NestBeyond the Picket Fence, French Country CottageCreation Corner, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Finding Fabulous, Five Days Five WaysRemodelholic, Design it Chic, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Fun to Craft, Tatertots and Jello, Family Ever After, Serenity Now, A Vision to Remember, Funky Junk Interiors, Along for the Ride, Under the Table and Dreaming, I Heart Naptime, Nifty Thrifty Things, The DIY Showoff, Homemaker on a Dime

4 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on this storage thing. My daughter received too many new toys for Christmas. Her tent was in the family room for a good week until I decided to drag it upstairs. Since we moved in the new house, I have banned all toys from downstairs. In the last house we had an oversized ottoman in the family room that doubled as toy storage. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...fabulous storage makes my heart go pitter-patter...I'm a total nerd, I know. (c: But I'm afraid we have had more than one not-so-fab storage items make an appearance in our house, so I feel ya on the whole Dora thing! Oh to have an unlimited budget to make all my storage dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we all wish we had all that storage space for toys? As soon as the holiday gifts were opened, I was already dreading the huge toys with no place to go and I only have a 4 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for storage ideas. It is so hard to keep everything organized!

    ReplyDelete