home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Organized Drawers

The new year brought new hopes for organizing my packed makeup drawers. My first step was to get rid of old makeup that wasn't being used or was just plum old. That made a teeny bit of room for this here makeup hoarder. I purchased organizers from Target and The Container Store and several sheets of scrapbook paper. The paper keeps the wood from getting dingy, plus it adds some pizazz. And when it gets dirty, I can simply pull it up and start over. Double sided tape worked easily to secure it to the wood. 

It only took me about 30 minutes to organize all my makeup in the containers and secure the paper. The drawers are so clean and bright now! And believe it or not, I think I actually save time now not hunting down what I need. At least that's what I'm telling myself! 







While I was in my organizing frenzy, I decided my lip glosses and perfume needed to be easily accessible too!







3 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! I'm a huge fan of scrapbook paper lining drawers. My office drawers at work were horrible, and it makes me so happy to see them lined instead. You did a lovely job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet it feels so nice having that done. i would want to get ready just to be in an organized space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the idea of the scrapbook paper...WAY cuter than shelf liner and I love the idea of changing it out. I'm TOTALLY doing this in the new house!!

    ReplyDelete