home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DIY Design Boards



I love this design board that HoneyWereHome has hanging in her office, so I have decided to make one for myself and for someone else as a gift.  I went to JoAnn fabric yesterday and bought 2 different fabrics that were less than $3 each because I used 40% off coupons. I don't think I've mentioned yet that I'm an avid couponer, but that's a whole new post in itself!


Fabrics


When I was at IKEA last week I bought a cork board that I will transform into one of the design boards. I still need to find a larger one for my own office. I will hit up Michael's and use a coupon there as well to get it super cheap.


The first step of transforming the board is to cover the inside with newspaper and tape it off. I used blue painter's tape because it adheres well and won't rip the cork off. I'm ready now to paint the board as soon as the rain stops and I can head outside. Stay tuned to see what comes next.....


Ready for paint

No comments:

Post a Comment