home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kitchen Improvement

The breakfast area in our home was less than appealing with the quick fix valance I had purchased at Lowes when we moved in. It was due to my OCD. The window was so bare and I had no idea what I really wanted so the $30 valance sufficed for a year. I was so excited to rip it down that I forgot to take a picture. Don't worry though, you're not missing anything special.

I have been eyeing this Dwell Studio fabric for some time and knew it's what I wanted in the space.


 I didn't want a valance though, so I opted to make short drapes that hit right at the window seat. For a tutorial on how I made them go here.




Next, I'm recovering that seat cushions in this coordinating Dwell Studio fabric. 


It will be a huge improvement from the stained, chocolate suede that's on them now. 

So, what do you think of the curtains? You likey? Me likey! Husband even agreed they were an improvement.


*Linked up here: Bear Rabbit Bear, Craft O Maniac, Embellishing Life, CRAFT, Skip to My Lou, Between Naps on the Porch, The Girl Creative, Sugar Bee Crafts, Today's Creative Blog, All Thingz Related, Someday Crafts, Savvy Southern Style, Saved by Suzy, House of Hepworths, Shabby Chic Cottage, Beyond the Picket Fence, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Finding Fabulous, Remodelholic, Design it Chic,
Fingerprints on the Fridge, Fun to Craft, Tatertots and Jello, Serenity Now, A Vision to Remember, Funky Junk Interiors, Along for the Ride, Under the Table and Dreaming

8 comments:

  1. I love both of those prints so much! They really seem to "wake up" the space. Now I have serious curtain envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that Dwell fabric and I think those curtains are perfect for the seating area - wanna come over and make some for my dining area? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I love how the curtains turned out. Can't wait to see the chair cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have very fine taste! These are gorgeous and they look perfect over the window seat!

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that fabric. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the cushion too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how these turned out! The pattern is great! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my pumpkin house numbers!!

    ReplyDelete