home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, September 26, 2011

Makeover Monday {Libbie Grove Design}



Hopefully everyone had a grand weekend. We spent Saturday shopping for ski boots for an upcoming adventure to the mountains, and attending a little festival in Mc Kinney. Don't let the pic fool you. We were not in east Louisiana, but rather on Louisiana Street. 

I will say that I had the juiciest, most unhealthy hot dog and plate of fried up spiral chips ever at the street fair. The fried food alone might draw me back next year if they would just add funnel cakes. Now on to the makeover....





Today I bring you another talented DIYer. I asked Kristy to share her adorably pink girls' room with you. This room defines pink done right. There are so many great details for you to feast your eyes on so pay close attention.


Hi!  I'm Kristy from Libbie Grove Design....


I was thrilled when Megan asked me to share my girl's bedroom on Makeover Monday!  My family and I recently moved to TX, so for the past few months I've been decorating each room in our house with a hope to provide a fun, comfortable (and functional) living space for my family.... my girl's shared room was no exception.  We just made sure there was tons (and tons) of pink!

The girls love the color pink and we always seem to have plenty of pink things around the house, so we only needed a few extras (and plenty of work) to bring it all together.

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

For the bedding, we used sheets made up of tiny flowers in multiple shades of pink, a cotton pink blanket and a duvet cover that I dyed pink using the powder form of Rit Dye.  For the bottom of the bed, in place of a bedskirt, I glued a teal ikat fabric around the box-spring and propped the frame up on wooden legs....

Girls Bedroom

Near the top of the beds, I piled three pillows.... a scalloped white king-size pillow, a tiny floral print (same as the sheets) in a standard size and a smaller pillow in a black and ivory ticking stripe fabric.  The large euro size pillow in front was made with Micheal Miller's floral print (Belle Rose in Pink) on the front and a solid fuchsia color (Hibiscus in Pink) on the back.

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

In place of a headboard, I opted to make one wall stand out.... I created a stencil out of heavy cardstock, measured where each design should be on the wall, traced the stencil in the marked spots, then painted inside the lines using pink paint, Rose Garden by Benjamin Moore- same as the ceiling. 

Girls Bedroom

On the adjacent wall, I added Ikea curtains to the window and trimmed them with black grosgrain ribbon, then I added a gallery wall... a mix of photos, fabric, a silhouette, a mirror, a painting and Made By Girl's LOVE print in the bubblegum color.....

Girls Bedroom

Girls Bedroom

One of my favorites in the room is the chandelier.... it really makes the room sparkle when the lights are on (and of course I love a pink ceiling!)....

Girls Bedroom

And I love that I can see the chandelier again through the mirror resting on the dresser....

Girls Bedroom

And now for the best part.... my favorite, the before and after!  Here's the girl's bedroom before....

Bedroom Before

And after....

Girls Bedroom

Now that's a lot of pink.... I'm sure the girls are dreaming in pink!  Thanks again to Megan for having me today!!!  I invite you to stop by Libbie Grove Design anytime to see what's new!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room! Looks soo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this room! Kristy did such an awesome job on it. Especially love the stenciled wall.

    ReplyDelete