home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Healthy Eating

The time has come to get my booty into shape before Summer. Here in Texas swim suit season has already hit. Let me just tell you that trying on suits will really get a girl motivated to get fit. Since loosing weight and staying healthy is 80% diet, that's where I've decided to start. My goal is to eat really well during the week and drink a ton of water, then splurge a little on the weekends and still enjoy a cold beverage if I choose. It's all about moderation! 
Yesterday, Mom, "A", and I hit the store ready to load the cart with healthy foods. 


Here's what we came home with minus some very addicting blueberry Eggos. 



I'm excited to try these bars since I enjoy the KIND granola. It's Gluten free for anyone with celiac's disease looking for a yummy granola. 

I'm a total water gal, but I decided to mix it up a bit and try Crystal Light for a little added flavor once in a while. I'm really hoping it tastes as refreshing as the Simply brand Raspberry Lemonade! Wishful thinking I'm sure.

These are my favorite chips ever! "A" even digs them! I've been making a lot of avocado salsa to eat them with or they are great plain too. 

Here's a list of foods I'm eating these days:
  • Banana with honey and cinnamon sprinkle 
  • Chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat sandwich thins with mustard
  • Avocado Salsa
  • Apple and Organic fresh ground peanut butter 
  • Cheese sticks and Everything pretzel crisps
  • Grilled chicken with the Avocado salsa on top
  • Yogurt with KIND granola
  • Lots of fresh fruits and veggies
My main goal is to really cut down on carbs, and unhealthy snacking. Plus, I've limited myself to only 1 snow cone a week. Nothing like drinking ice and sugar on a hot day!

If you read the blog Bryn Alexandra, then you might have noticed she started a food blog, 80percenthealthy to track her eating habits and get healthy. She has some great ideas for eating on the run. I've even gotten some of my ideas from her. The bean burrito recipe she uses looks divine! I can't wait to try it!

Tonight we are trying her shrimp tostada recipe with black beans, and guacamole. You can follow me on Instagram to see more yummy foods!





2 comments:

  1. I like the dark chocolate peanut butter kind bars. :) Also target has some pretty awesome strawberry lemonade (crystal light-ish) packets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a health kick too as over Christmas I put on some of the 5 stones I had lost over the previous 20 -24 months. naughty girl. For me its about getting past the first two weeks then I'm fine. I have tried all sorts of diets but find the only way to go for me is eat small and I mean small amounts of the foods I like and stay away from bread............ and I love bread especially stonebake crispy french bread.... I have sadly not heard of any of the products you mention but they sound interesting. For me its salad pittas, chicken salmon and fresh veg

    ReplyDelete