home baby our home featured advertise services

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fashion Board

Are you obsessed with Pinterest like myself? One of my boards on Pinterest is for fashion, but if you are anything like me, you walk in your closet and forget everything you pinned. I seem to stare aimlessly at my clothes some days trying to piece together new outfits.
It dawned on me that I need to bring my fashion board to life and hang it in my closet to inspire my looks. So, over the weekend I found an old cork board collecting dust upstairs that got transformed into this.


All it took was 3/4 yard of a stylish fabric, ribbon, a staple gun, and spray adhesive. 

I simply covered the board by attaching the fabric with the spray adhesive and then stapling the access on the back after I neatly folded the corners over. It took all of 5 minutes to complete. 

   The ribbon was added with hot glue, then I hung my new fashion board in the closet on a command hook and started adding printed pics of pinned items. 





Now, instead of staring aimlessly at my clothes, outfits can easily be assembled with inspiration closely at hand. 


*Linked up here: Hi Sugarplum, Sugar Bee Crafts, DIY Dreamer, Cherished BlissUncommonMy Uncommon SliceToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Project Queen, Boerman RamblingsSomeday Crafts, Printabelle, Southern Lovely, Cheap Crafty Mama,  Savvy Southern Style, The Sasse Life, Clean and Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Delightful Order,  Embracing Change,  Fireflies,House of Hepworths, Shabby Chic Cottage, KatiesNestingThe Shabby NestBeyond the Picket Fence, French Country Cottage, Simply Sweet, Sassy Sites, ChocolateChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Delicate Finding Fabulous, Five Days Five WaysRemodelholicFingerprints on the Fridge,

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!!! I must try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!!! What a brilliant idea! In need one of these for the bathroom and hairdo's I just found on Pinterest. I always seem to forget....
    Thanks for the brilliant idea!
    Happy fashion day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!!!! I have to try this!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the idea! I could stand in my closet forever trying to find something to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dots and the great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete