home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Get Organized

Who doesn't frequent the Container Store? As an organization freak, I profess my love. I have spent hundreds a bit there, so I thought I'd share pieces worth purchasing that keep me organized and sane.



Brocade Magazine File

This Brocade magazine file is not only fancy schmancy looking, but it keeps my magazines nice and tidy on the shelf. I prefer to be able to read the spines rather than pile them up to have to dig through later on. I'm kind of picky too about the covers not getting bent. Yes, I'm saying it, I'm OCD!!

Stockholm Storage Boxes
  These storage boxes are not only colorful, but practical. They are great for concealing paper, craft items, photos, etc. I have several in my office that store my stationary and office supplies.

Tape Dispenser

Who wouldn't want a clear tape dispenser? First of all, I'm kind of crazy about anything acrylic. It is so sleek looking and it doens't stick out on a desk and scream, "Here's the clunky, ugly tape dispenser." Plus, it's only $9.99. I wonder if the tape is included?

Crunch Can
Crunch cans sound fun huh? They crunch down to be compact and stored easily. Perfect for a toy bin, laundry hamper, closet storage, or in a dorm room. They also come in a rectangular size and are on sale right now for $14.99. I'm using mine as an additional hamper for dry cleaning. It's lightweight and easy to toss in the car, then crunch back down until I get home from the cleaners.
 
Acrylic Cosmetic Tray
If you have more than 5 lipsticks, then you'll appreciate this cosmetic tray. It keeps them lined up in the drawer so they aren't rolling around. There is a space for brushes, then I use the others for shadows, blush, powder, etc. Each piece has a place.

Hardwood Scarf Hanger
 I used to have a scarf basket until I found this handy dandy hanger. Now, they remian wrinkle free and look lovely hanging in my closet. It holds 10 scarves, but I have more so I started draping them around the hanger at the top. It's time to run and get another or either stop buying scarves I guess.

Grippy Shoe Rack
 These shoe racks are much better than storing boxes of shoes on the shelf. I only keep my pretty boxes and the rest go on the racks. They stretch out wider than pictured too. I'm able to fit 15 plus pairs on 1 rack. They are indeed grippy so the shoes don't slide off.

Do you have any organization items that you can't live without?



5 comments:

  1. I actually have those magazine file holders in my cubicle! Love them! You're obviously way more creative when it comes to organization than I am! My home & office always looks a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crunch cans!! I just might need to purchase those! I am now a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Lovely ideas! Thanks for sharing.
    Hopoe to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had a Container Store! You are so luck! I love the funky magazine holder in the first picture! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need more organization in my life! I'm the worst. My house don't look cluttered but if you open a closet... well, better stand back. :D

    ReplyDelete