home baby our home featured advertise services

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Little Dining Room Progress

This is the plan I shared with you here.


Scored these similar lamps for $40 a piece at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago!


The mint is much more pronounced in person! I'm thinking about using Rub n' Buff to change the bases to gold. 

While browsing art for a client I noticed one of the above pieces had disappeared from Z Gallerie's website. I promptly called and found out they were discontinued. Thankfully, the last pair is now on hold and I'll have them by days end!

Here's the 411 on the paint situation.


I can't choose a color. They are all tones of gray, not purple like Instagram makes them look. How come it's so easy to choose paint for other people, but then I can't pick a color to save my life for my own home. The problem I'm having is they are either too light, too dark, or too much brown undertone.  I was really hoping for Stormy Monday (top) but I need more silver than brown. 

Off for more samples I go. At the rate I'm moving, maybe the room will be painted by Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving where you are going! The paint choice will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lamp, I'm excited to see how the rub' buff turns out. Good luck choosing a paint color, that is always the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find at TJ Max!! $40 is a steal! I'm excited to see this rub n buff in action...I've never heard off it!

    ReplyDelete