home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Staples

Thanks so much to the very fashionable Haley from Cardigan Junkie for stepping in for me today while I'm out of town and sharing her summer staple ideas. When you check out her blog you are sure to leave with many outfit inspirations! Take it away Haley.

Hello!  I’m Haley from Cardigan Junkie, and am happy to be here filling in for Megan today.  I’m a fellow Dallasite and native Texan, so I’ve been dealing with long, hot summers my whole life.  Going outside in 100 degree weather changes the way you approach shopping and getting dressed, so I’m here to share some of my summer staples that I think are a must from Dallas to Detroit:

Light and Airy Dresses
When it’s hot, I want to wear as little as possible without looking trashy.  The key, for me, are sundresses made of breathable fabric that pack a punch of color.



 Non-beachy Sandals
I love my Havaianas as much as the next girl, but my true go-to shoes in the summer are strappy leather sandals that can go anywhere and won’t look like I just left the pool.



 Braids and Buns
When you’re outside and sweating, the last thing you want is your hair sticking to your neck and making you feel worse.  I resort to the ponytail more than I should, but I’m loving all the creative new styles popping up across town that look so much fancier.



All image via my pinterest boards

I hope you enjoyed my Texan summer style picks, and please stop by and visit me over at Cardigan Junkie!  Thanks again to Megan for hosting me today!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. These fashion tips are fabulous! Thanks for leaving me totally inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting me, Megan!! That was a fun post to write :)

    ReplyDelete