home baby our home featured advertise services

Thursday, May 19, 2011

To Commit, or not to Commit?

We're not talking relationships, but rather paint. Lonny Mag's newest edition is online and I found some beautiful spaces while browsing the site. Now who wouldn't want to live in a bright and cheery space? Wouldn't we all? Sometimes we just can't pull the trigger on adding color to our spaces. Paint is a big commitment after all. It is so overwhelming to walk into the paint section at your favorite hardware store and pick 1 color from a palette of thousands.

An example of a bright and cheery room from Lonny Mag

Picture via Lonny Mag

My recommendation is to choose colors that you have seen completed rooms painted in. I usually pull my paint colors from pictures I see in catalogs, on blogs, magazines, or design books. Also, I have found Benjamin Moore to have the best color selections (no, they didn't pay me to say that). They always turn out just like the sample, which is always a relief. There's nothing like picking a soft ocean blue and it dries more like aquamarine. It has probably happened to many of us. I know it did in my dining room which the fabulous Nate painted twice!

A pale blue painted room from Lonny Mag
 If you are too paint phobic which is alright, then I suggest to add pops of color with pillows, throws, artwork, rugs, and fresh flowers. They can easily be replaced or switched out later. Remember when you are wanting to change a space though, paint is the easiest route to brighten a space and completely transform it for only around $35. It's also a DIY project that can be completed in a day.

Heres are some examples of  rooms that added pops of color with accents.

Picture via Lonny Mag

Picture via Lonny Mag

Picture via Lonny Mag

Picture via Lonny Mag

2 comments:

  1. I love white walls with a punch of color! My own living room is painted white with colorful throw pillows and accessories!

    Katie
    www.LolaInspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! You have a great blog! I added you to my blog list. :)

    ReplyDelete