home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eye-Catching Art

Do you ever try to think outside of the box when it comes to adding wall decor to a space? We can always purchase a painting or a mirror. How about using framed wallpaper samples instead? Look at this creative and colorful form of art used by designer Brian Patrick Flynn in this eclectic dining room. He's the mastermind behind Design Star on HGTV. He strategically placed these samples to create eye-catching art. 



Check out the rest of this Virginia-Highland condo. 

The mid-century pieces add uniqueness to this space. 


Old meets new here with the rustic bench and gold medallion mirror against the bold painted wall. I'm loving orange and gold paired together. 

This 800 sq. foot condo has undergone quite the transformation considering it was a beige nightmare before. The owner is one lucky lady. 







4 comments:

  1. I love all that red. And a great idea with the wallpaper samples! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the consistency of palette here... there's varying amounts in each room, but it's consistent. We just replaced a piece of framed fabric in our dining room with something else - it was a great placeholder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of eye-candies here :) Btw, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian loves color, obviously, and I love his color choices! Coral and turquoise are two of my favorites. And that IS a really good idea to frame wallpaper. I've seen it done before, but I always forget about it.

    ReplyDelete