home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nursery Design

Grandparents are here to spoil their grand kids, so why not give them their own nursery for visits and sleep overs. I designed this nursery at my parent's home for "A" and now her new cousin that will arrive this summer gets to share the space. We knew it needed to be gender neutral, but we also added some feminine touches. 
















*Linked up here: Delightful HomeMopping the FloorUnder the Moon, Home Sweet HomeThe Gunny Sack, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Craft O Maniac, Embellishing Life, CRAFT, Skip to My Lou, Between Naps on the Porch, The Girl Creative, Mushki Loves, Sugar Bee Crafts, UncommonMy Uncommon SliceToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Project Queen, Boerman RamblingsSomeday CraftsSavvy Southern Style, The Sasse Life, Clean and Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Between You and Me, Fireflies, IbratinaSaved by Suzy, House of Hepworths, Shabby Chic Cottage, KatiesNestingThe Shabby NestBeyond the Picket Fence, French Country Cottage, Passionately Perfect, Creation Corner, Momnivore, Simply Sweet, Sassy Sites, ChocolateChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Delicate, Karisma Finding Fabulous, Five Days Five WaysRemodelholic, A Blondes DIYFingerprints on the Fridge, Mom 4 RealFun to Craft, Tatertots and Jello, GingerbreadFamily Ever After, Serenity Now, A Vision to Remember, Funky Junk Interiors,  I Heart Naptime, Nifty Thrifty Things, The DIY Showoff, Homemaker on a Dime, It's Overflowing

29 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your parents must love feeling like their grandchildren always have a cozy place to be when they visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have a nursery at their house too! Although I didn't get to design it, and at this point it has 2 twin beds and a crib:)

    I'm loving the chevron curtains and that teal elephant sculpture!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Would you mind sharing where you purchased the drapery fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love just about everything that you did! My favorites are the poufs shelves with the books, and the curtains:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That nursery is adorable. Love the curtains and the bookshelves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great nursery! you've definitely achieved cute and gender neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful nursery. I love the curtains and the neutral design! I want that mirror as well....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful space! I love the idea of a nursery in the grandparents house, so fun! I love all the little details you picked out too, you did a fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special place for both the grandparents and the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, Megan! Love those shelves! This must have been nursery makeover week because I linked up my granddaughter's that I just finished recently.

    visiting from Feathered Nest Friday : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful nursery! Your parents are so sweet to have a dedicated nursery in their home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty nursery. I love those blue curtains and that little elephant is adorable! Great job :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lucky grandchildren! Such a pretty nursery with perfect colors for both boys and girls. I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful! I love this nursery... it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan it is gorgeous! It is so relaxed and fun all at the same time. You are so lucky for your children to have a place to call home at your parent's home, too! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  16. featured this today on our facebook page!! ;) happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable nursery! Is that mirror the Casbah mirror from Lamps Plus repainted? I was looking at that for our living room, but the measurements on the website seemed to big for above our mantel. However in the nursery it looks like the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up your project to Mauvin' Monday! When you get a chance, don't forget to stop by and share your Twitter account on the new Tweet Leap!

    http://www.vintagemauve.com/2012/05/01/its-a-tweet-leap-and-referral-love-too/

    Cheers,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet nursery, Megan! Your entire home is lovely. I love your talented, creative style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful job, my parents have a nursery at their house for my niece and any future grandchildren to come - its such a good idea if there's a room available!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This nursery is precious! Love it! My mother-in-law has a nursery for my little one, and it really makes me feel better about her staying over, because I know she will be comfortable... Great job! Would love to have you share at my linky party {stringtownhome.blogspot.com}!

    Have a great week!
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the prints above the crib. Are they vintage or did you purchase recently at retail?

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful nursery! I love the colors. megan

    ReplyDelete