home baby our home featured advertise services

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lamp Transformed

For some time I've felt the need for a brass floor lamp in the living room. I even saw an elegant and gorgeous one at TJ Maxx, but didn't want to fork over $90 for it. While surfing IKEA's site it dawned on me to take matters into my own hands and create my own version of a brass lamp. Here lies the $9.99 Hemma lamp base that was screaming for some spray paint. 

  

I primed the base first, then coated it several times with my go to gold paint. 10 minutes later I had a shiny, transformed lamp base. 





The shade is also an IKEA affordable find at only $20. That makes the total cost of this floor lamp $30 plus a tad bit of elbow grease. I'd say that's one heck of a good deal. Plus, this lamp looks much more fitting in this space than the brown beast that was previously there. 

Now, I had really great intentions on making my lamp shade fabulous yesterday, but honestly it just didn't happen. It was one of those days. I wasn't feeling motivated or crafty. The only thing I did well was catch up on Housewives and Nate. For now, I'm even enjoying the simple, sophisticated look of the lamp. The grosgrain ribbon I purchased might just sit in the cabinet until the new rug arrives and I decide if I want to add the detail. Time will tell. 


*Linked up here: Delightful HomeMopping the FloorUnder the Moon, Home Sweet HomeThe Gunny Sack, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Craft O Maniac, Embellishing Life, CRAFT, Skip to My Lou, Between Naps on the Porch, The Girl Creative, Mushki Loves, Sugar Bee Crafts, UncommonMy Uncommon SliceToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Project Queen, Boerman RamblingsSomeday CraftsSavvy Southern Style, The Sasse Life, Clean and Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Between You and Me, Fireflies, IbratinaSaved by Suzy, House of Hepworths, Shabby Chic Cottage, KatiesNestingThe Shabby NestBeyond the Picket Fence, French Country Cottage, Passionately Perfect, Creation Corner, Momnivore, Simply Sweet, Sassy Sites, ChocolateChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Delicate, Karisma Finding Fabulous, Five Days Five WaysRemodelholic, A Blondes DIYFingerprints on the Fridge, Mom 4 RealFun to Craft, Tatertots and Jello, GingerbreadFamily Ever After, Serenity Now, A Vision to Remember, Funky Junk Interiors,  I Heart Naptime, Nifty Thrifty Things, The DIY Showoff, Homemaker on a Dime, It's Overflowing

8 comments:

  1. It looks so great! I love hoe it turned out. Man I miss living by an ikea!!!! Grr. Awesome lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo doing this! Thanks for a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It looks so elegant!! God bless IKEA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I have the exact lamp base...I feel a weekend project coming on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lamp is a total steal! I also need to catch up with Nate, I'm 18 episodes behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great NEW look! Its so wonderful the difference paint can make:) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great transformation! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

    ReplyDelete