home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, March 19, 2012

Skirted Tables


What's your take on skirted tables? Are they your style?

Via 





I actually once thought they were stuffy and too formal for my taste. With the right fabric though, the tailored look has for sure grown on me. After seeing a slew of tables done right, I got the itch to add one to my living room. Then, I remembered my parents had one in their garage from when they moved. I dug it out, and found new fabric to my liking. Now, I'm just waiting for my seamstress to make the skirt because this girl doesn't sew. So excited to see the final product and of course I wanted it yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. Like you, I also used to think that table skirts were fussy and formal. One of my friends recently made a ribboned table skirt for my daughter's room (I don't sew either) and it's really quite whimsical and pretty. You can see it in this post: http://wp.me/p1ztuD-VQ I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same thought you had in the past - but I'm thinking the tailors ones you've found look really modern and fab. I give them a thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have skirted tables. They're great for storage, too--you can hide all sorts of things under the skirt!

    Hope you don't mind, but I tagged you in the 11 Questions game: http://bethsblueroom.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-questions-and-answers.html

    ReplyDelete