home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shower Food

Yesterday you saw pics of the shower I cohosted over the weekend, but I wanted to focus on the food from the event today and share the recipes with you. All of the items we made took less than 30 minutes and would be great for company, a birthday party, baby shower, or a side dish at a weekend cook out. 

Avocado Chicken Salad 

Black Bean and Corn Dip

This is my own recipe. Combine 1 can of drained corn, black beans, and Rotel in a bowl. Add 1 chopped avocado, and a handful of fresh cilantro. Combine in 2 Tb. of lime juice, and add cumin, garlic salt, and pepper to taste. Mix together and chill. 


Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries 

Fruit Salad

We combined fresh strawberries, grapes, and cantaloupes, then drenched them in fresh whipped cream.

Pink Lemonade Punch
(My Own Recipe)

Combine 1 Liter Gingerale, 1 can Frozen Pink Lemonade, 1 can of Pineapple Juice, frozen raspberries
Mix well and serve chilled. This stuff is so addicting and delicious! 

Hopefully one of these recipes will find it's way into your kitchen! I already made the chicken salad again, but for lunch this time with Triscuits. My husband even ate it and thought it was really tasty. You can't beat that it's healthy too.




2 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious, I'll have to try a couple of these recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing!! YUM! I have kind of been wanting to throw a party lately for some reason?

    ReplyDelete